November 20, 2014
Whether you are planning to sell your home in the near future or your home just needs a little TLC, there are simple renovations you can do that won’t break the bank. Most people shudder at the thought of spending thousands of dollars without knowing if it will pay off in the end. Many people are not willing to put in an extensive amount of money when putting their home on the market. Here are some options that we see often and that may be suitable for you to get the best bang for your buck. In our first blog we will be focusing on reasonable updates to your kitchen and your bathroom.
Kitchens: Why Kitchens? The kitchen may be the single most important room for many prospective buyers. Not only is this where you will spend a lot of your time, but when you have guests over for a gathering, we all know they spend the most of their time in the kitchen as well! Here are some significant changes you can make that may have the potential buyers rejoicing!
- Refacing or Refinishing your cabinets. Refacing involves replacing your cabinet doors while leaving the actual cabinets intact. This is a quick and much less expensive way of getting “new” cabinets without the larger price tag for new ones. Refinishing your cabinets is a very easy update that will also give the whole room a new look and feel!
- Changing the countertops. As we are sure most of you know, granite is one of the most luxurious types of countertop (which is why it is becoming a standard in most new construction). Granite is a great option, however, there are other options that may be more cost effective. Such as, corian, laminant, stainless steel and many more!
- Upgrading appliances. As granite is to countertops, stainless steel is to appliances. Switching to energy-efficient Energy Star appliances will not only improve your kitchen’s appearance, it will also save you money. There are many places you can go that offer package deals for stainless steel appliance, which may help with your budget as well.
- Updating accessories. Small changes like replacing outlet covers, cabinet knobs, and drawer pulls can give your kitchen an entirely different look and feel. When you consider that the average kitchen can be upgraded with new accessories for as little as $100-$200, it is a great option to keep you within your budget and still get the effect you were looking for.
Bathrooms: Bathrooms are another area of the home that many buyers look further into. There are many updates and repairs you can make in your bathrooms that will increase not only the value, but also the interest of many buyers.
- Vanity and Sinks. Depending on the size of your vanity and the number of sinks you would like to install, home improvement stores such as Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, etc. offer very nice and affordable vanities with either single or double sinks. Adding the new vanity or sink with some freestanding cabinets for extra storage, can make your bathroom stand out in ways it previously was not.
- Updating the shower/tub. Just like your kitchen, tiled back splash is really a hot trend in bathrooms. It is a simple update that can transform the look of your bathroom while again, staying in your budget.
- Replacing Flooring. When selecting tiles, try to gravitate towards the more neutral shades. These colors can make a smaller floor look larger and truly open up the space.
If you or someone you know is thinking about buying a home and/or selling your current home, contact the Better Living Group today! We are here to provide you with information on purchasing a home and a free market analysis for the home you are considering to sell. The Better Living Group are Real Estate professionals in the Twin Cities and Greater Metro areas who are ready and able to assist with all of your Real Estate needs and goals and to provide only the best Real Estate service to all of our clients past, present and future.
The Better Living Group
Realtors- GRI, ABR, CDPE
email@example.com or 763-496-2911
Keller Williams Classic Realty NW
Tags: American Dream, Bathrooms, Buying a Home, Home Updates, Home Upgrading Ideas, Kitchens, MN Realtor, Realtor, Selling a Home, The Better Living Group, Updated Bathroom, Updated Kitchen